Migration and health in Southern Africa Regional Symposium
By maHp/ACMS doctoral researcher Edward Govere.
Published by Sonke Gender Justice on 6th August 2019: Migration and health in Southern Africa.
Regional Symposium on Gender, Migration, Health and Public Policy & South African Launch of the UCL-Lancet Commission Report on Migration and Health.
This report captures a two-day programme of presentations, panel discussions and group discussions at the regional symposium on gender, migration, health and public policy. The aim of day one was to discuss a number of migration-related topics including: health and universal health care (UHC) in Southern Africa, researching migration and health, associated ethical and methodological challenges, and reflecting on the politics and practice of migration and health research. Day one also included the launch of the UCL-Lancet Commission on Migration and Health in South Africa.
Day 2 of the symposium focussed on ‘Gender, Migration, Health and Public Policy: Improving gendered responses to migration and health across the Southern African Development Community (SADC)’. The aim was to present feedback from a research report on gender, migration and health and to develop a joint plan of action amongst stakeholders and participants for improving gendered responses to migration and health in SADC.
- Migration and health in Southern Africa Regional Symposium - September 24, 2019
- Woman is the thread: maHp intern covers the Mwangaza Mama book launch - June 24, 2019
- Inception meeting: Migration, gender and health system responses in South Africa – A focus on the movement of healthcare users and workers - June 21, 2019
- [Meeting Report] Global Forum on Bioethics in Research – “Ethics of research with refugee and migrant populations, 2017” - December 27, 2018
- SEMINAR: Protection of Asylum Seekers, Refugees in South Africa - November 28, 2018
- ACMS as a Centre of Excellence in Mobility and Migration - November 25, 2018
- Voetsek! screening sparks dialogue - July 13, 2018
- B Camminga one of the M&G 200 Young South Africans - June 30, 2018
- “Voetsek! Us, Brothers?” Screening - June 12, 2018
- Sex work decrim discussions continue - March 30, 2018