Building alliances for the global governance of migration and health
– Universal health coverage will not be attained if migration is not integrated into existing health responses and if health is not integrated into existing migration responses.
– The governance of migration and health is an issue of state sovereignty that questions the role of global migration and health governance initiatives.
– Building alliances across sectors can support effective migration aware governance responses to migration and health.
– A “migration and health in all policies” approach to the governance of migration and health requires capacity building within core sectors.
- PODCAST: Why are migrants being excluded from SA’s response to Covid-19? - June 26, 2020
- PODCAST: African Dialogue, Effects of Covid-19 on Migration - June 15, 2020
- VIDEO: Coronavirus amid a vulnerable populace - April 15, 2020
- OP-ED: Why xenophobia is bad for the health of all in South Africa - April 3, 2020
- OP-ED: Border walls don’t stop viruses. But this might - April 2, 2020
- OP-ED: Foreign migrants must be included in Covid-19 response - March 26, 2020
- PODCAST: Winter is coming - March 23, 2020
- OP-ED: Hypocrisy in the time of Covid-19 - March 18, 2020
- VIDEO: Unfiltered: Coronavirus - March 18, 2020
- PODCAST: Migration in Africa - December 17, 2019