PODCAST: Winter is coming
As Europe shuts down in response to the spread of COVID-19, other African countries are just beginning to grapple with the early signs of the pandemic. In this show, we discuss the COVID-19 response in South Africa, where an impending winter, a long history of the HIV-AIDS pandemic, and xenophobic attitudes are combining to generate some surprising and unexpected responses to the crisis. Leading Public Health specialist, Professor Jo Vearey chats to Abbey Steele and Darshan Vigneswaran. Click here to listen to the podcast.
This podcast was originally broadcast on the Monday Morning Meetings on Migration blog, under the same title, on 21 March 2020.
- OP-ED: Why xenophobia is bad for the health of all in South Africa - April 3, 2020
- OP-ED: Border walls don’t stop viruses. But this might - April 2, 2020
- OP-ED: Foreign migrants must be included in Covid-19 response - March 26, 2020
- PODCAST: Winter is coming - March 23, 2020
- OP-ED: Hypocrisy in the time of Covid-19 - March 18, 2020
- VIDEO: Unfiltered: Coronavirus - March 18, 2020
- PODCAST: Migration in Africa - December 17, 2019
- Just Research? (Un)Seeing Politics in a Complex World - September 25, 2019
- Building alliances for the global governance of migration and health - September 16, 2019
- Urban health in Africa: A critical global public health priority - March 28, 2019