PODCAST: Winter is coming
As Europe shuts down in response to the spread of COVID-19, other African countries are just beginning to grapple with the early signs of the pandemic. In this show, we discuss the COVID-19 response in South Africa, where an impending winter, a long history of the HIV-AIDS pandemic, and xenophobic attitudes are combining to generate some surprising and unexpected responses to the crisis. Leading Public Health specialist, Professor Jo Vearey chats to Abbey Steele and Darshan Vigneswaran. Click here to listen to the podcast.
This podcast was originally broadcast on the Monday Morning Meetings on Migration blog, under the same title, on 21 March 2020.
- PODCAST: Vaccination of undocumented migrants - August 5, 2021
- TV INTERVIEW: Jabs for asylum seekers and undocumented migrants - August 3, 2021
- PODCAST: Calls for Covid-19 vaccination of undocumented - July 30, 2021
- TV INTERVIEW: Vaccination of undocumented migrants and asylum seekers - July 29, 2021
- OP-ED: Leave No One Behind: We must urgently address vaccination of undocumented migrants and asylum seekers - July 27, 2021
- The call for vaccines for undocumented migrants - July 22, 2021
- PRESENTATION: The effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on migrants and migration in South Africa - March 22, 2021
- WEBINAR INVITE: Present And Imminent: Crises And Complexity In Mexico And South Africa - February 9, 2021
- VIDEO: Building capacity for research on migration and health - January 26, 2021
- Refugees and migrants are vulnerable to ‘vaccine nationalism’ as host nations put their own citizens first - January 25, 2021