[Meeting Report] Global Forum on Bioethics in Research – “Ethics of research with refugee and migrant populations, 2017”
The global Migration, Health, and Development Research Initiative (MHADRI) members participated in the Global Forum on Bioethics in Research satellite meeting in Bangkok, Thailand in November 2017, to explore the “Ethics of research with refugee and migrant populations”. Over two days and with the use of case studies, 42 participants from 24 countries discussed their experience of conducting research with migrant and refugee populations and the associated ethical challenges. By identifying what is needed to advance ethical research in this field, the meeting aimed to stimulate an agenda to improve research practice and health outcomes for migrant and refugee populations.
Download the full GFBR Report 2017.
About the author: Esther V. Kraler is an MA student in Ethnic and Migration Studies at Linköping University. She completed her BA in Transcultural Communication at the University of Vienna. With her work, Esther wants to tackle the unspoken, to shed light on how who we are and what we do is influenced by structural and personal realities and to support alternative possibilities of knowing/being/feeling in the world. She is currently an exchange student at ACMS, and is also a maHp intern.
- How migration-aware was South Africa’s initial response to Covid-19? - December 9, 2020
- Virtual Engagement and Knowledge in Context: Migration Health Research Communications in South Africa during Covid-19 - October 27, 2020
- BLOG: An apple a day… The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the livelihoods of informal food traders – a case of Mangaung - April 9, 2020
- Migration and health in Southern Africa Regional Symposium - September 24, 2019
- Woman is the thread: maHp intern covers the Mwangaza Mama book launch - June 24, 2019
- Inception meeting: Migration, gender and health system responses in South Africa – A focus on the movement of healthcare users and workers - June 21, 2019
- [Meeting Report] Global Forum on Bioethics in Research – “Ethics of research with refugee and migrant populations, 2017” - December 27, 2018
- SEMINAR: Protection of Asylum Seekers, Refugees in South Africa - November 28, 2018
- ACMS as a Centre of Excellence in Mobility and Migration - November 25, 2018
- Voetsek! screening sparks dialogue - July 13, 2018
0 Comments on "[Meeting Report] Global Forum on Bioethics in Research – “Ethics of research with refugee and migrant populations, 2017”"